It’s only the most befitting tribute to the wonderful gift the French have given us.
Ladies, it’s true. Bioderma is everything everyone is raving about and much more. Legend has it; a bottle of Bioderma Crealine H2O is sold every 6 seconds worldwide. Wow! Right?
Bioderma Crealine H2O is hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, soap-free micellar water.
So, what’s Micellar water? That was the first question that popped into my head. I researched a bit and here’s a gist of it for all of you (Thank you Ziba-Blog)
Micelles are spherical structures that surfactant molecules form when they reach a certain concentration in water.
Surfactant molecules have a hydrophilic (water loving) head and a lipophilic (oil loving) tail. In aqueous solutions, the water loving heads spontaneously position themselves to be closer to the water, while the oil-loving, water-repelling tails group themselves in the centre in order to be far away from the water.
Cotton is hydrophilic, and when you pour the micellar solution on the cotton pad, the hydrophilic heads are attracted to the cotton, leaving the oil-loving tails sticking up to trap oil and wax based substances, like makeup and sebum.
So, the ultra-gentle micelles help capture fatty molecules such as dirt, oil, and make-up from the face, leaving the skin well-cleansed. And not a drop of water, can you believe it?
Here’s why I love Bioderma:
- It’s so gentle that you feel butterflies are kissing your face. No redness, no irritation. My sensitive skin thanks you.
- I am a little partial towards fragrance-free products. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a perfume junkie all the way, but when it comes to skin care, the fewer chemicals and additives, the better.
- It’s a one-stop-shop for lazy bums like me. I prefer not to stand in front of a mirror for more than a few necessary seconds. And that’s all the time Bioderma takes to effectively clean my skin.
- A loyal travel buddy, it’s the easiest cleanser on the go. If you need a bigger incentive, Bioderma has a cutsie travel-size bottle too.
- The tough water-proof mascara. Gone! Just soak two cotton pads and apply it on your eyes for about a minute each. The best thing? It doesn’t irritate your eyes one bit.
- My make-up needs are virtually non-existent but if it works for runway models and make-up artists then who am I to question its magic.
I use the Body Shop organic cotton pads with Bioderma. It’s only fair to use Michelin Tyres for your swanky Mercedes. Right?
These pads are gentle to use, have two differently textured surfaces for lotions and liquids, do not tear during use and do not leave any flaky residue on your skin like cheap synthetic cotton does. And so, I love ‘em. Even my bottle of Bioderma approves.
So ladies, all I can say is that it’s the beginning of a love affair that will never end. Sometimes, you just know it, at the first touch ;)