Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Best Moisturizer for Oily Skin: I Found It!

Oily skin? Tell me about it!

It’s definitely a double edged sword. While it is the slowest to show signs of aging, it is also prone to acne, enlarged pores and blackheads. Aaarrghhhhh!

As a result, I was always hesitant to use a moisturizer on my face. So while my skin went psycho with enough oil production for export, it always lacked something. Something, I could never put my finger on.
Well, after tons of reading and researching I realized its hydration.

Water helps of course, and it definitely plays the most important part. That said, you do need to keep the outer skin hydrated too. So, I began my quest, tried a few products, failed. I was almost exasperated when I chanced upon, my now favorite, *drum rolls please* Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel.



A quick disclaimer here: If you have dry skin, this isn’t the right fit for you and you may be disappointed.

Now stay with me ladies, it’s an expensive product, I know. I broke a sweat too. But, a little goes a long way and the 125 ml. bottle lasts up to 6 months. Great!

Here’s my two cents on the uuhh-mazing product:
  • Oil-free. Check. Fragrance-free. Check. The two basic criterion for my highly sensitive, oily skin are met. So far, so good.
  • Though it’s touted as a gel, it has the consistency of a lotion. Albeit, a very silky, feather light lotion. It glides smoothly on the skin’s surface and absorbs before you can finish the alphabet song.
  • The gel is absolutely non-irritating. No breakouts, redness, itchiness or flaky skin.
  • I love the hygienic dispensing pump and the sturdy plastic container. It is travel friendly too, no antagonizing spills when you flip that suitcase open.

So, if you are in need of gentle hydration and have had disappointing results with other product, pick this up. Pronto! 

Love!

2 comments:

  1. I agree it is one of the best moisturiser for oily skin...I am glad you love it so much :)

    ReplyDelete